THE GAZETTE OF
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
G.S.R. 737(E) - In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-section 16 of the New Delhi Municipal Council Act, 1994 (44 of 1994), the Central Government here bye makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement-(1) These rules may be called the New Delhi Municipal Council (Allowances for Attending the Meetings of the Council) Rules, 2006
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions- (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:-
a) “Act” means the New Delhi Municipal Council Act,1994 (44 of 1994);
b) “Council” means the New Delhi Municipal Council established under the Act;
c) “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Council referred to in sub-section (1) of Section 33 of the New Delhi Municipal Council Act, 1994 (44 of 1994);
d) Words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Allowances for attending meeting: - A member shall be entitled to receive daily allowance at the rate of Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees one Thousand only)for each day on which he attends a meeting or meetings of the Council or any committee thereof subject to a maximum of Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees three thousand only ) per month.
4. Secretary to draw the allowance payable to members- The Secretary shall draw the allowance payable to members, after verifying the attendance form the register recording roll of members and obtain receipt from the concerned member for having received the allowance.
[F. No. U. 14011/105/2006-Delhi-II]
B.A. COUTINHO, Jt. Secy.