Information Technology department of NDMC is making continuous efforts towards computerization of all departments to provide transparency and better services to its citizens. The main objective of IT department is computerization of various activities and work flows of various departments in order to promote efficiency, transparency, accountability and responsiveness
On Going Projects
- Networking in Shaheed Bhagat Singh Place :
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Palace is a highest occupied remote location of NDMC After Palika Kendra in terms of computer nodes . Recently the Staff of the then Vidyut Bhawan shifted there . The earlier networking was done almost 12 years and due to requirement of new network nodes and issues in earlier networking, the new Networking was done of almost 800 nodes .
- Unique Smart Address for Urban Properties/ Establishment :
Under this project more than 52822 Digital door numbers have been created and 40245 plates are installed. NDMC, moving forward has taken preparatory steps to introduce unique four-digit alpha numeric identifier for urban properties that can be seamlessly integrated with global applications. This project has been completed and already has gone live.
- Digitization of the civic services documentation :
NDMC is committed to fully digitize all its civic services and as a first step, digitization of existing documents is ongoing. Already more than 1 Crore 42 lakh pages with indexing and matching of the records have been completed.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for all citizen services in NDMC area :
Single sign on (SSO) service which facilitates users to access multiple services with a single log-in has been launched and till date total 42 citizen centric application have been successfully integrated with SSO portal.
- Implementation of e-Office :
Even during the challenging COVID situation, NDMC has successfully implemented an e-office/ e-file system of NIC in all departments. This will not only increase accountability, transparency and efficiency but also become a tool to contain COVID-19 by introducing a completely paperless working environment.
- Establishment of a Disaster Recovery Site for IT applications :
With the launch of the Integrated Command and Control Centre and various other applications, business continuity has become paramount. The work on the establishment of a disaster recovery site has been completed.
- Bringing Accountability Online ACR / APAR :
NDMC has successfully implemented Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) developed by NIC. In this endeavor total 800 APARs of Group A & B employees have been generated online. This will not only help in timely promotion/career advancement of an employee but also help in creating an efficient work environment with a credible and time-bound feedback mechanism for performance appraisal which is generally does not worked well in a paper-based system due to inherent discretions involved.
- Block-Chain :
NDMC has successfully implemented Block-Chain technology in Birth and Death software. We planning to implement the same in Property Tax and Estate software.
Projects in Pipeline for FY 2022-23
- Implementation of New electricity and water Billing System.
- Implementation of New Payroll/Pension and GPF system.
- Implementation of New Financial Management System.
- Implementation of Smart Classroom for primary Section
- Implementation of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- 360 degree Cyber Security audit.
- Bringing Accountability : Online ACR/ APAR for remaining group C & D Employees.
- Implementation of New Building Plan Approval System.
- Implementation of Blockchain in Property Tax and Estate Application.
- Implementation of common Payment portal Pay-Gov in NDMC.