Functions & responsibilities:
Project Department was created by NDMC in April, 2005 to give a focus on special projects and PPP initiatives in NDMC. The department is coordinating the various projects taken up by NDMC on Public Private Partnership Model.
Achievements during the year 2015-2016:
1. Smart City Proposal (SCP) of New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC):
Government of India Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) launched Smart City Mission on 25th June 2015 to develop 100 cities throughout the country as Smart Cities who will be given matching grant of 500 crores each from the Government of India and same amount to be arranged by the Urban Local Body/State. The mission is a centrally sponsored scheme launched and steered by the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD), Government of India.
NDMC submitted its smart City Proposal (SCP) for consideration in the Challenge Round – 1 , of Stage -2 on 15th December 2015
NDMC was selected as one of the twenty cities finalized out of 98 cities who participated in the Round -1 of Stage 2, the result of which was announced by the MoUD on 28 th January 2016
2. CREATION OF SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLE (SPV):
As per the city guidelines, a city level Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) is to be established under the Companies Act, 2013 to execute and manage the smart city projects as envisaged in the smart city proposal . in this regard a draft agenda for creating on SPV was approved by the NDMC Council on 26-4-2016 and further approved by the state level high Powered Committee.. A Company with the name of New Delhi Municipal Council Smart City Limited ( A 100% wholly NDMC owned Public Limited Company) is going to be registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
3 .Open Gyms in Schools, Public Parks and Old Age Homes of NDMC :
With a view to provide Health and Fitness Equipments to all sections of society who cannot afford expensive indoor gyms and sports centers, NDMC has installed 35 outdoor gyms and various locations in NDMC Area including Public Parks at Lodhi Garden ,Nehru Park, Children’s Park ,Working Women Hostels, Navyug Schools, Old age Homes etc. These outdoor gyms are attracting people of all ages. After installing the equipments at various locations, this projects has now been transferred to C.E.(C-1)
4.Horticulture Waste Management :
Horticulture Waste Management Machines were installed at 04 major gardens in NDMC area i.e. Nehru Park, Lodhi Garden, Talktora Garden and India Gate for converting horticulture green waste to compost or to fuel pellets. . This decentralized Organic Waste units has no emission, no burning, and no chemical treatment. As per the terms and conditions, the Concessionaire shall process 8-10 MT of Green Waste every day with an output of 500 kg from each plant . After setting up and completing the buy -back agreement process the project has been transferred to Horticulture Department for its further augmentation. Horticulture department is executing the project and procuring the palettes for use in horticulture department to spread the pellets around trees on exposed soil surface to arrest dust and retain moisture .
MAJOR TARGETS FOR THE YEAR 2016-17:
5. IMPLEMENTATION AND EXECUTION OF SMART CITY PROJCET:
In the Smart City Proposal there are 31 area based projects targeted in an area of more than 500 acres of the New Delhi City Centre (NDCC).
The main category of projects under Area Based is as under:
PAN CITY PROJECTS:
The pan city projects are one which envisages application of Smart Solutions to the existing citywide infrastructure. Application of Smart Solution will involve use of technology information and date to make infrastructure service better.
There are 10 Pan City Projects of NDMC Smart City Proposal are broadly as under:
2. Smart Grid and Energy Management
3. Smart Water and Waste Water Management
4. Smart Education
5. Smart Health
The projects under Smart City which have already been initiated are as under :
1. WiFi, Smart LED Street Light, City Surveillance, Command & Control Centre, Laying of Optical Fibre and hosting Telecom Services (on PPP)
2. 444 Smart Classrooms (incl. CCTV Cameras and LED TV)
3. 500 KPD Bio-Methanation Plant
4. Water ATM (on PPP)
5. Smart PTUs/ CTUs (105 Nos.) with Advt. Rights (on PPP)
6. Outdoor Fitness Equipments : Supply & Installation
7. Appointment of Project Design & Management Agency for Implementation of Smart Grid Infrastructure
8. mini-Sewerage Treatment Plants of capacity 100KLD to 500KLD (on PPP)
Mini Waste to Energy Plant in NDMC Area:
NDMC is in the process of establishing a Waste to Energy Plant under PPP model on a piece of land measuring 1000 Sq Mtr. Earmarked at West Kidwai Nagar, (Arjun Dass Camp) in Raj Nagar, New Delhi.
The salient features of Waste to Energy Plant are as under:
1. Compact decentralized plant on 1000 Sq. Mtr area.
2. Utilization of only 70 tons MSW per day.
3. Expected to generate 1.7 MW/hr (more than the committed quantum)
4. Based on hybrid gasification techniques in oxygen starved environment with hot with high temperature gases and is claimed to be fundamentally different to incineration-it is a clean waste disposal process, and operate successfully on “wet waste of low calorific value”
5. Air emission (including dioxins, furans, heavy metals and particulate matter) easily meet the toughest environmental standards. It is claimed by the company that dioxins and furans will not be released in the atmosphere.
6. Plant will accept un-segregated MSW.
7. The ash byproduct does not leach.
8. Is viable when even when receiving MSW streams of low calorific value and high moisture content up to sixty percent.