1. Estate Deptt. has worked hard and tried to clear the back log of cases which are pending more than 20 years relating to transfer of licenses on legal heir/ Partnership basis.
2. NDMC has introduced a policy of uniform sign boards in all the markets These shop signages are giving an aesthetic look to the market.
3. NDMC has re-developed Momo Market and redevelopment plan of Janpath, Tibetan markets is in progress.
4. Estate Deptt. has started to redress the disputes about the arrears outstanding against the licensees/ ex-allottees by the Dispute RedressalCommittee. 131 licensees have cleared all the dues, 33 made part payment and installments were also allowed.
5. Chairperson also had regular public hearing to redress the grievances of licensees, not only of the recoveries, but also other disputes. During this drive 35 licensees of stall holders have cleared their dues.
6. Estate Deptt. has also framed a more transparent objective, public friendly Policy for allotment of shops/ kiosks/ stalls on open bid basis. The reserve prices of the spaces will be published in the News Papers for the sake of public convenience so that every citizen can avail opportunity to bid for the vacant spaces. The Estate Deptt. has allotted almost all the vacant office spaces of 46,670 sq.ft., only 2200 sq.ft of office space is lying vacant.
The Estate Deptt. will take up redevelopment and up gradation of all the licensed markets as done in tenth five year plan. NDMC endeavour to change license markets to lease hold markets and subsequently free hold markets and Infrastructural development/ up gradation of Palika Bazar, Chanakya Cinema.
The Estate Deptt. is well aware about the difficulties felt by the licensees about not accepting part payment, renewal, transfer cases. The Estate Deptt. willsimplify the procedure of renewal, transfer and part payment will be accepted at allcitizen’s facilitation centres/ notified banks by way of challans.