NDMC » Achievements » Social Welfare
A. Employee Welfare
- 32 new quarters are under construction and will be ready for allotment to essential category staff in this year.
- NDMC Health scheme on the pattern of CGHS without any upfront payment for the health benefit of the NDMC employees and their family, was launched in 2006.
- Financial assistance under the Hitkari Nidhi Yojana for the marriage of their daughters and son, immediate assistance in case of death of employee, scholarship of wards of NDMC employees have been substantially enhanced and more categories have been included.
B. Social Welfare
- Old age, widow and handicapped pension at the rate of Rs. 350 per month is being disbursed to such residents of NDMC area through Post Office. The numbers of beneficiary have increased from 670 in 2003-04 to 918 in 2006-07. Disbusement through post office enables the pensioners to get their pension credited in their post office account.
- NDMC has established Senior Citizens Home (Sandhya and Aradhana), three senior citizens recreation centre and one freedom fighter home for the care of the senior citizens.
3. (a) Aanchal School for especially abled children has been upgraded by making it a Mental Disability Resource Centre for children and youth.
(b) Therapeutic landscaping has been carried out in the premises of Aanchal as recommended in the PWD Act- 1995.
(c) Psychological services have been strengthened through VIMHANS, institute of mental health.
- New working women hostel at Bhagwan Das Lane has been established. As of now three working women hostel with a capacity of approx. 600 inmates are running to full capacity.
- Night Shelters for homeless women and children has been established in the last three years at Gwalior Pottery school, Sarojini Nager.
- For the benefit of the residents of NDMC area and the common citizens, NDMC is providing facilities of Barat Ghar and Park(s) at highly subsidized rates. The process of booking of Barat Ghar has been simplified. Now people can see the availability status on NDMC Website and get their bookings done through citizen facilitation centre in different localities.
In principal approval has been granted for the opening of one more old age home in NDMC area.
Efforts are on to make the complete procedure of Booking of Barat Ghar online.
For the welfare of the Dhobies, complete electrification plan of the Dhobi Ghats and development of one model dhobi ghat is underway.
The booking of parks for marriages and the social functions would also be made online.