1. TECHNICAL UNIT
- Documentation/preparation of gist of clippings and its circulation to Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary and Council Room and department concerned.
- Preparation and issue of Press Releases, Press Invitations for newspapers, Delhi Doordarshan Kendra and other T.V. agencies/Electronic media.
- Preparation of copy of advertisements for newspapers, pamphlets, features, messages and all the printing works of Civic Literature for various departments are got done by this unit.
- Preparation of copy of advertisement for release to newspapers viz. Tender Notice, Public Notice, Employment Notice, NIT, RFP etc.
- Radio Advertisement
- Digital Advertisement
- Organization of Press Conferences.
- Documentation of Press Releases/Press Clippings.
- Preparation of Monthly Report/Annual Report/activities of NDMC to be sent to the Govt. of NCT of Delhi and MHA, Govt. of India.
- Issuance/Submission of old resolutions (till 1990) as and when demanded by the various departments in service/court matters by Central Library.
- Procurement of mementos to be presented to various Media persons/dignitaries/delegations visiting NDMC.
- Procurement of Diaries, Calendars, Greeting Cards and Pocket Telephone Directories, Citizen Charter, NDMC area Map etc.
- Distribution of Invitation Cards letters to VIP's, Local Representatives, officers of various departments, Ministries and other organizations.
- Collection and procurement of information and statistics of various departments. Access to information pertaining to NDMC as a whole.
- Deals with Public Grievances Commission in regards to the Public Grievance and Appeal cases.
2. PHOTO UNIT
a) Photo/Video coverage of all the functions, projects and unauthorized construction/encroachments etc.
b) Maintenance of old negatives & positives record and CDs/DVDs of digital photos from 2006.
c) Production of video films on various events organizing by NDMC and maintaining their records.
- Co-ordination during various functions for media publicity, photo & video coverage, invitation to the VVIPs/VIPs/Members NDMC.
- Membership and hospitality of India International Centre, CSOI and India Habitat Centre etc.
4. CENTRALIZED RTI CELL
This centralized cell has been setup as per directives of Central Information Commission which functions from the Ground Floor, Palika Kendra. The cell functions through a officer of rank of AD, Senior Assistant and disseminate information to the public seeking information under RTI Act, 2005 and also receives the applications alongwith prescribed fee for forwarding further to the concerned APIO/PIO.
5. LIBRARY UNIT
- All the related works for the proper functioning of all the 08 libraries including Central Library.
- Procurement of books as and when demanded by the higher authorities.
- Arrangement for supply of newspapers in the office of the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, F.A., Chief Auditor, Engineer-in-Chief, CVO, Council Room etc. and necessary formalities of their payment.
- The purchase of books is made as per selection and recommendation of a subcommittee constituted by the Chairperson, NDMC by the Director (PR) Chairman of Books Selection and purchase Committee, members are Dir. (Finance), CMO (Admin.) CPH Moti bagh, Principal Atal Adarsh Bal Vidyalaya Mandir Marg & A.L & I.O.
6. HINDI BRANCH
- Promoting the Hindi as official language.
- Translation of Budget-Book and Budget Speech 2022-23.
- Organised various competitions of Hindi in Hindi Maah (September).
- Organize Hindi workshops.
- Quarterly e-magazine ‘Palika Samachar’ is being published in Hindi.
- All Translation work of NDMC.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Public Relations Department is entrusted with the work to disseminate programmes, policies and activities of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) through Print Media, Electronic Media and other modes of publicity.
The Department functions through its various units; namely, Press Unit, Advertisement Unit, Photo & Video Unit, Publication Unit, Hospitality Unit, Library Unit, Hindi Unit and Centralized RTI Cell.